Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Cool Designs. Cool People. Hands Down.

I don't know if it's only me but when I meet people whose work I know and like all becomes very awkward: I don't know what to say and my jaw keeps falling on the floor along the conversation (I'm in awe)... I always think that what I have to say won't be important anyway, thus I stay quite... (Jen and Wendy know this very well!.)

Being that my experience I was very anxious when I "arranged" a meeting with designer Olah Gyarfas and his PR Dragos Olea to see their label Rozalb de Mura.

Dragos contacted me weeks ago when they were in Paris showing at Prêt á Porter in case I was interested in stopping by their booth to see the collection.
I visited their site and got really interesting in their label but unfortunately i wasn't in Paris at the time.... no problem! he said... we're going to NY too!.
There wasn't scape... ^_^

The day we met they were in NY indeed, presenting their collection at The Train New York fashion fair, that is located, by the way, in one of the coolest warehouse buildings in Chelsea. (see below)

thetrain1.jpg picture by 123patricia

While I waited Dragos in the hall (we agreed he'd provided me a badge, don't tell anyone) I tried to calm down looking at the Minnie Mouse (Mice?) that were dressed by the better designers, here a pic to my fave...

Dragos showed up after a little while with the badge and the first thing he did was making me laugh... that ladies and gentlemen, is a very difficult task if we remember the kind of "meeting" this was (I knew and liked their work, see above).

From then on these two hilarious guys made me have the time of my life. They showed me the collection (see below some pieces I tried on yours truly, please forgive the bad lighting), really cool pieces, amazing details.
Then we talked about fashion, we laughed, they told me about Romanian fashion, we laughed, what it means to be "new" in the European market, we laughed, American fashion and so forth.

Days later we met again and I showed them the city, we ate at my fave spot and they showed me pieces of super talented jewelry designer Kuki Constantinescu and Romanian magazine Omagiu, to keep an eye on.

They left already but I hope to see them soon.
Now people, Romania has been add to my endless list of places to be.

thetrain5.jpg picture by 123patricia

thetrain3.jpg picture by 123patricia

thetrain2copy.jpg picture by 123patricia

11 comments:

Monika said...

your blog is awesomeness, i added it to my favourits! i love all the photos!

LYNN and HORST said...

what could you recommend me to see in ny?

WendyB said...

Amazing designs...and I vote for more Bobble-Bee personal photos!

Anonymous said...

wow...
i agree with wendy, more personal pics, you are adorable!

Anonymous said...

Agree with wendy!!
:-)

great designs too!!

Bobble Bee said...

chililady: thanks so much for that awesomeness comment :)

lynn&horst: uf... there's too many things! write me an email and i'll try to summarize what can interest you. let me know what you're looking for.

wendy + lady coveted + mer: YOU girls are killer. I promise i'll try to post more pics of me.

Mónica said...

what a great pics! I love those jackets!!

MOMO said...

Yeah, you wear it well. More pics of BB!!

In Yr Fshn said...

Ditto on more personal photos! You look so cool! You impressed me and I am positive you impressed them... :)

mahret said...

fashion world is so small! Just met Dragos in Berlin and wrote a piece about Rozalb de Mura for INDIE Mag. Their show in Berlin was pretty good! Love the clothes! Didn't have the chance to try something on. Definitely next time! You look fantastic!!!

riz said...

i really really like those pants...and i like how you continue to present and offer us a cosmopolitan view of fashion...