Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Juergen The Great

Thanks to Claire from Enchant and Dorm that warned me about the opening in Lehmann Maupin gallery in Chelsea, NY, of Juergen Teller's latest work.

The opening took place last Thursday, February 7th and the place was packed, what was no surprise. The surprise was to see Teller himself, and Olivier Zahm, Michael Stipe... it was amazing to see so many indi stars all in the same room. Of course i didn't take any pictures of them... but if I tell you the truth I was longing for it.
Here comes Youtube to the rescue...




The show collects the latest work of Juergen Teller: ads for Marc Jacobs (the Posh picture is there and watching it so big and so close is quite interesting), pictures of Harmony Korine taken by Juergen for Purple magazine and the images he took in Ukraine that he was commissioned for to appeared at the Ukrainian Pavilion at the Venice Biennale 2007.

The same day of the opening I randomly bought the latest issue of the journal (it had a Teller photo in the cover so i guess i was in a Teller mood already) where the whole story about these images in Ukraine is told. It's funny because the magazine complements the exhibition like a tailored made glove: they should sell it at the gallery or at least having it for people to look at.

Another note I would like to add is my hands down for Lara Stone who models in almost all the pictures of Juergen while in Ukraine. They are images that need an open-minded and understanding person as Lara to get the point of it all and to make a good image out of it. She is a Top, for real.

Photos I took...

juergentelleropening-6.jpg picture by 123patricia

juergentelleropening-1.jpg picture by 123patricia

juergentelleropening-2.jpg picture by 123patricia

juergentelleropening-3.jpg picture by 123patricia

juergentelleropening-4.jpg picture by 123patricia

juergentelleropening-5.jpg picture by 123patricia

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

where can i purchase the journal?

Anonymous said...

felicidades desde Argentina!
te invito a festejar el dia de los enamorados para todos aquellos que amamos el blog
besos Adriana
http://tejidosypieles.blogspot.com

Bobble Bee said...

anon: i buy it in any news stand in NY but i don't know where are you located... send me an email if you want me to purchase it and send it to you
p.

Iñaki said...

I so have to go!

xx

Bobble Bee said...

Gracias Adriana! :)
<3

iñaki: si estas en NY tienes que ir!x

Anonymous said...

what a great show... sometimes i wish i could live in new york without going totally off the deep end.
;)

AnGeLiNe M. said...

Hi!
I discoverd your blog yesterday and i just love it! i put a link of it in my blog (www.newsfromfashionillustrations.blogspot.com )!
enjoy!

angéline

Fenke said...

okay...this is a bit nerdy... but how do you make blogger to post the pictures that big? i just cannot find the right 'command' in the html script. do you upload pics from your desktop or from the net e.g flickr ?

Elizabeth said...

I'm glad you posted this; I'd never have been able to see it from "inside" if you hadn't. Teller has a special talent.

Suzanna Mars said...

Oh, there's that terrible picture of Posh! However, I sort of like it, it just confirms to me that she isn't really quite of this world, but neither is Lara Stone, in quite a different way.

Bobble Bee said...

Fenke: ok, it's very easy but a bit tricky to explain...
When I photoshop my images i save them at 600 pixels width.
Then i save them in flcker or photobucket. Once there instead of copy and paste the link, and then upload them in blogger, i just HIGHLIGHT the image, COPY and PASTE it directly in the post, I DO NOT UPLOAD THE PICTURE TO BLOGGER because when you upload the picture, blogger resizes it.
So you need to directly paste the picture in your post...
Let me know if you understood the explanation, i know is a little confusing...

EvaAmarri said...

You have a great blog. Glad I stumbled across it. Would u like to link?

Disneyrollergirl.net said...

Is the person with the dreads Don Letts?

Fenke said...

Thank you, Patricia - I get it and I am glad it is that simple!

Anonymous said...

Oh que bien, me gusta mucho JT, thanks for sharing!

Bobble Bee said...

rollergirl: it would be amazing!... but non, he wasn't Don Letts...

fenke: :)

mer: no problem!

Anonymous said...

you can subscribe to the journal here: www.thejrnl.com

if you would like to start your subscription with the teller issue, state that in the "notes" section.

thanks!