Thursday, February 14, 2008

Press Power to the Drain

I started milkshake chocolate because i was dead tired and frustrated of meeting really good artists and designers whose art was getting lost into anonymity for the fact that they weren't born rich or didn't have the PR gift given to them.

I am very aware and sensitive to the "lack of press support" in young and upcoming designers because after all I live with them.
For this reason I get mad and really upset when someone who has the power of being listened for the press just throw that power to the drain offering really unthoughtful stuff and things that anyone can find anywhere very easily.
Malan Breton's fashion show during fashion week was such a "packed with press" catwalk, "emptied with thought" show. My experience told here.
images by Alex Wright.


-------------------------------
Cuando fundé milkshake chocolate lo hice porque queria ante todo apoyar a todos aquellos jóvenes diseñadores y artistas que por unas razones u otras acababa conociendo y cuyo trabajo era digno de ver y de lo más interesante pero que iba directo al anonimato por falta de apoyo por parte de la prensa ya que o no habian nacido ricos y con los contactos necesarios, o les "fallaba" la parte de las relaciones públicas, que al final en este mundo lo es quasi todo.
El hecho de haber esudiado diseño me ha dado la oportunidad de estar muy cerca de artistas y diseñadores jóvenes que emiezan y que ven cómo falla a parte de apoyo. Al fin y al cabo yo soy una de ellos tambien. Por esta razón me cabreo cuando veo que alguien con poder mediático tira dicho poder por la alcantarilla, ofreciendo cosas que no inspiran nada y que pueds encontrar en cualquier lugar. No ofreciendo nada original.
Esta fue la sensación que tuve cuando atendí el show de Malan Breton durante la pasada semana de la moda... más criticas (en inglés) aquí.
Gracias Alex Wright for las imágenes.

6 comments:

WendyB said...

You tell 'em! And why oh why can't I have the gift of PR? :-(

Anonymous said...

De a poco todo cambia, no te preocupes, pero esta cambiando. Besos!

Bobble Bee said...

wendy, i think you have it. you are the best PR for your collections, believe me :)

In Yr Fshn said...

Ah! By PR I though you meant Project Runway, which is what he was on and I am so surprised he is still riding that wave! The runway stuff here look a billion times better than what he did on the show, btw. Nice article!

Bobble Bee said...

in yr fshn: it's funny because the collection actually looks good on pictures but trust me... it was ugly as hell in reality: bad quality, bad cutting and bad concept.

Anonymous said...

Heehee, I once saw him hosting at a restaurant I was eating in. I didn't see him until I was leaving, and decided I had to talk to him just for kicks. So I went up to him and asked him where the restrooms were and he told me. Then I went to the restrooms and giggled for a bit, then left.
-Rorosto