Sunday, March 02, 2008

A New Kind of Love



A New Kind of Love is the story of Sam Blake (Joanne Woodward), an American fashion design thief who works for a popular department store in New York for which she "designs" clothing that she knocks off directly from renowned designers of the time (Lanvin, Dior, Balenciaga...).

In a trip to Paris to attend the shows of the biggest fashion houses and "steal" beforehand the designs, she meets Steve Sherman (Paul Newman), a sports journalist who has been sent to the City of Lights in order to calm down his ladies affairs.

A fashion chick flick movie in the line of Funny Face, not as big or important but yet as sweet and "real" when it comes to fashion matters. Quite funny the scene where she calculates the cost of a dress shown in a catwalk if made in a "sweatshop" back in America ...
Costume designs by our always fave, Edith Head.

A nice review here.












-----------------------

Samantha (A New Kind of Love
) narra la historia de Sam Blake (Joanne Woodward), una diseñadora de moda que crea diseños copiados directamente de los grandes diseñadores del momento (Lanvin, Dior, Balenciaga...) para un popular centro comercial de Nueva York.

Durante un viaje a las pasarelas de Paris para atender los diferentes shows y poder asi copiar directamente los diseños sin tener que esperar a que estos lleguen a otras tiendas de Nueva York, conoce a Steve Sherman (Paul Newman), un periodista deportivo que ha sido mandado como corresponsal a Paris para alejarle de la mujer de su jefe con la que ha mantenido un sonado affair...

Muy en la linea de Funny Face, una comedia romántica que no podía estar mas en voga que ahora que vivimos este período de pirateo sin fín..

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am pretty in love with paul newman and when I saw this movie when I was like 15 I was absolutely crazy about it. I'm so stoked you posted about it!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh how I love Edith Head. I own two of her books and it never seizes to amaze me how ahead of her time she was as a woman and designer.

Thanks for the great images!

WendyB said...

Never heard of this one! I definitely need to see it.

Bobble Bee said...

jen: you tell me about paul newman... each time he's on screen i just can't hold myself together... ^_^ the first scene when he's in the baseball game with the blond is just unforgettable! I wonder why i didn't take any pictures of him to upload in the post...

sandra: i think we have the same books!... "The Dress Doctor" and "Edith Head's Hollywood"?

wendy: i think you will enjoy it :)

thisisnaive said...

I have to see this. I HEART Paul Newman! On a side note, did you see Evening? Patrick Wilson reminded me a lot of PN!

Bobble Bee said...

lbh: i've never heard of "Evening" before! i will sure check that out, thanks for the tip :)