Thursday, May 01, 2008

Agnes b. and Godard: Viva La France!

I'm back in NYC. Penny-less, jobless and full of energy. How do you eat that!?.

It's hard but fortunately spring time in the big apple is packed with events that will keep me busy while i desperately try to find a job.
And the first event to keep track on is due tomorrow!!

French designer Agnes b. is presenting the series Godard's 60's at Film Forum in New York City at 8.30pm, a series that will last till June 5th.

Agnes will introduce and open the series with my all times favourite movie Á Bout de Souffle (Breathless), one of those 60's French cinema's gems that Godard gave to us.

Jean Paul Belmondo never looked so sexy, neither Jean Seberg did.

“No film has been at once so connected to all that had come before it and yet so liberating . . .
Like a high-energy fusion of jazz and philosophy.”

– Richard Brody

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

i saw that movie on tv once - it was wonderful. her haircut was lovely... never been such a fan of belmondo though, i mean as a man, not as an actor.

Disneyrollergirl.net said...

I never tire of seeing Jean and Jean-Paul. Fenke, what is wrong with JP Belmondo ...or should I not ask?

Bobble Bee said...

what's wrong with Belmondo I re-add?? i think it would be easier not to be a fan of his acting than of his face/body.... yummy ^_+

Elizabeth said...

Have fun with this one! Good luck in your job search.

riz said...

Yes good luck w/ the job search!! try to look for free events ;) That's such a gorgeous poster...

Anonymous said...

I had to study this movie for french new when I was studying film studies, one of my favourite films ever.

Michelle said...

Agnes B and Godard are two of my favourites indeed..

July Stars said...

One of the BEST films ever ...

Anonymous said...

I've just returned from an European vacation (Berlin, Amsterdam, Prague, Paris, London) back to Singapore, like you, and I am also penniless!

Great to discover your blog via Altamira, do pop by Fashion Nation for a read as well.