I discovered the work of Pavel Ivancic while searching for designs of graduate students for an article I was writing on European fashion schools.When I moved to New York in 2005 there were two things I promised myself to do as soon as I'd have the change, a chance, I thought, that would arise pretty soon; one thing was to spend as much time as I could at Jazz venues. The second thing was to attend graduate shows from FIT and Parsons every year.
Jazz, I soon found out, was expensive and too "fancy", thus I never got the chance to attend as "frequently" as desired. FIT and Parsons' grad shows, on the other hand, weren't well advertised so I have missed them every year. I don't even know if it's even possible to attend them the same way you can attend Central Saint Martins' or The Royal Academy in Antwerp.
Pavel Ivanic presented his collection during last year's Central Saint Martins' Degree Show, fall 2007, a superb work of deconstructivism and minimalism if such things can be put together in the same sentence.
This year's CSM degree shows are taking place very soon. If you happen to be in London and want to know venues and dates, go here. And then let us know about it!. :)


15 comments:
The pink and red combo is lovely.
I liked the last photo.
It's a very smart idea to check up on upcoming designers from their college shows..
y esos desfiles puede ir quien quiera? es una idea genial
YES YES YES. When I move to New York, we can go together!! ;)
I would love to go to all 3: Parsons, FIT and CSM.
I don't know much about the grad shows at FIT, but I do know that they display the design grads (accessories, product, photography etc) throughout the campus of FIT, and the fashion design grads were on display in the lobby of the Museum at FIT.
uy rosa y rojo...la verdad es que no queda mal, pero me costaría llevarlo en la vida real. Abrazos
so true with the jazz clubs; I had the same wish when I first got here. there's something creepily appealing abotu those red shod hands.
i love the red stocking & red patent combo.
i used to go to this little jazz joint called smalls on west 10th every time i went to nyc. u go in with your own booze down these steep flight of stairs, pay a small cover and listen to live jazz till the wee hours of the morning. it was magic.
I'm going to some of the shows ... Hopefully, there will be a few promising names to remember.
As for the jazz clubs, you should visit London or Paris. I'm a dedicated jazz girl, completely obsessed and have found a few clubs that are nothing fancy and all about the music!
miss at la playa: los de central saint martins y la royal academy, si, cuaquiera puede ir previo pago de la entrada. los otros no lo se porque ya te digo, todavia no he tenido oportunidad de ir ni averiguarlo...
riz: can't wait to have you here!!!
chandra: that's true, but i wonder if there is not a show from fashion design grad students... the display at the lobby is normally not too good though...
roybot: i should check that out
july stars: let us know how the shows go.
on regards of jazz, i know, i should visit paris and london for jazz venues... but i always linked jazz with ny but there's not such thing nowadays :( it's very frustrated!!
Thanks for the post a very long time ago on my blog.
Just wanted to say I'm back again ;)
Love,
Me encantó la combinación rosa-rojo, jamás se me hubiera ocurrido :)
Hola¡¡¡
Hemos visto que eres española, y nos decidimos a saludarte y a felicitarte por tu blog.
Un saludo¡¡¡
yeah, i think when i return to nyc i am going to make a similar goal, cause i saw the parsons paris final runway show and it was so fabulous, i want to see a lot more student work.
Post a Comment