Friday, May 23, 2008

Orfeu Negro

Although the day woke up nice and warm today, rain and wind reigned the city of New York for the last couple of weeks.
It's not a secret I'm longing for summer so I decided I better bring the summer myself... onto my TV screen.
Marcel Camus's Orfeu Negro (Black Orpheus) won an Oscar in 1960 for Best Foreign Language Film. It sets the myth of Orpheus and Eurydice in Rio de Janeiro carnival, a tale on love, death, happiness and tragedy.
I've had the soundtrack of this movie (unforgettable "A Felicidade" by Antonio Carlos Jobim) for years in my ITunes but never saw this movie before... it was about time!

---------------------------

A pesar de que hoy el dia amaneció calentito y primaveral, llevamos unas semanas qdonde lluvia y viento son los mandamases de New York.
Asi que en vista de la ausencia de verano he decidido que para que esperar más, yo mismita me lo traigo... a la pantalla de mi tele.
La peli Orfeu Negro (Orfeo Negro) de Marcel camus ganó el Oscar en 1960 a la Mejor Película de Habla Extranjera. Narra el mito de Orfeo y Eurídice durante el carnaval de Río, una historia donde no falta la Samba, la risa, la tragedia y mucho amor...
Tengo la banda sonora en mi ITunes desde hace años, y me imagino que no soy la única que tiene el "
A Felicidade" de Antonio Carlos Jobim... lo peor de todo es que nunca antes había visto la peli... anda que ya era hora!

OrfeuNegro-1.jpg picture by 123patricia

OrfeuNegro-2.jpg picture by 123patricia

OrfeuNegro-3.jpg picture by 123patricia

OrfeuNegro-4.jpg picture by 123patricia

OrfeuNegro-5.jpg picture by 123patricia

OrfeuNegro-6.jpg picture by 123patricia

OrfeuNegro-7.jpg picture by 123patricia

OrfeuNegro-8.jpg picture by 123patricia

OrfeuNegro-9.jpg picture by 123patricia

OrfeuNegro-10.jpg picture by 123patricia

9 comments:

Ashe said...

Thank you for the recommendation! It looks like a beautiful film.

Ella Gregory said...

It looks stunning! I love your header (new?) by the way!

Mónica said...

habrá que verla, tiene muy buena pinta, y el vestuario también parece interesante. en cuanto acabe ls exámenes la veo:)!

WendyB said...

I've been wanting to see this.

Anonymous said...

I watched this when I was little, cant really remember the story but I remember the dancing and dresses mira wore especially after her engagement to orfeu

erica lorraine scheidt said...

Like Chic Looks this was one of the first movies that made an impression on me -- the dresses and the music. Thanks for sharing these gorgeous pics.

etoilee8 said...

I love this film. . . it is so beautiful and so sad!

MARIA H said...

divina esta pelicula!

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love this movie. I watched it for the first time when I was at university. It's amazing how many people have never seen or heard of it, but I highly recommend it!