But the more I grow the more I want men back in fashion. Let's say that the Slimane's Dior Homme's silhouette is not my type anymore... It's cool, but that's pretty much all. There's not "life" in it, if you know what i mean.
It's such a relief that finally men as David Gandy are pushing their presence through fashion shows and editorials... and what a presence!.
He's part of a new breed of male models which, to me, is far more interesting that the eternal boy we have seen in all the magazines and catwalks during the last decade.
As he put it "When I first started, the demand was for very young, very skinny, androgynous guys. That look has dominated a lot of the campaigns and editorials over the last few years. Because I’m none of those things, I went down the commercial catalog route in order to earn a living. I did earn good money, but I realized that money wasn’t the reason I become a model." (source).
Dolce & Gabbana Underwear.
Featuring David Gandy
David Gandy is probably the king of this new breed of models, being some kind of a star after his appearance in the Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue ad.
He's done ads for Zara, Carolina Herrera, Ermenegildo Zegna... and VMan featured him in one of the best covers I've seen in a men's magazine.
Now let's just hope that if men like that are back, real women are just around the corner...
More info on David here.







4 comments:
I'm really digging the third picture (above the aqua perfume ad)!
Oh man,,, he is ruggedly handsome. Great hair! I might have to link that picture in my blog..
:)
I'm with you, I liked the skinny guys back when I was in college and feeling insecure, but since then I just want a regular man!
uhhhh, yea, i have no problem with men lookin like that. no problem at all.... TEE HEEEE!
btw, i'm also in love with your current "best look"- the oh so naughty bathing suit- maybe even hotter than this guy!
btw, hiiiii, xo ;) thanks for the recent comments at my blog. very very sweet and encouraging. ug. working FT is taking away from all my fun personal projects...
hahaha what can i say? i still love a good skinny boy.
Post a Comment