Saturday, September 06, 2008

Another Year Again. New York Fashion Week.

As opposed to other seasons when I used to RSVP to every single show in town, I decided I only want to attend those I am interested in and avoid wasting my time with designers I care very little about.

Thus, this year's summary of my NYFW experience will be petite, maybe just 4 or 5 shows on the whole.

This doesn't mean I only like 4 or 5 designers in town; it just means that among all my invitations there are only 4 or 5 I am interested in.

Unfortunately there are many others I love I haven't been invited to like Patrik Rzepski, Zero Maria Cornejo, Ohnetitel, Y3, Alexandre Herchcovitch, Alexander Wang, Preen, Rodarte, VPL...

Yesterday I attended my first show, the SS09 collection of German designer Iris Loeffler, an intern at Zero Maria Cornejo who was presenting with this her first collection.

I'm uploading the images, will be ready by tomorrow with more news from today's shows, among them, United Bamboo.

Good morning Fashion Week!

3 comments:

WendyB said...

Patricia, let me know if you want to go to Christian Francis Roth.

miss fashion said...

well you should check out my blog for a recap on high fashion shows.

lovelydahling.blogspot.com

roybot said...

at least you're in new york where you actually have real fashion shows. i live in toronto where there is no fashion. just a whole bunch of generic douche bags who think what they're doing is actually fashion. i can't wait to live new york fashion week vicariously through you.

p.s. we can start our love letters again since i'm finally back on-line . haha.