Monday, November 03, 2008

Music with no instruments but with fashion

When I started to work at IED (Istituto Europeo di Design) university in October I wasn't aware of the cool projects that this school was involved with. Actually, it isn't involved but it's the promoter of.

Some of these works can be seen in their youtube page.
Here I wanted to show you one project made through the IED Moda Lab, the fashion department of the school.

"In February 2008, the band Giganto developed a workshop at IED Madrid ModaLab, where students from different courses modified and transformed fashion creation tools into musical instruments. In only sixteen hours and with any previous musical knowledge, they formed an orchestra that ended into a live composition "

Here is the result... absolutely AMAZING

5 comments:

July Stars said...

I know this is meant to be a serious project but it kinda made me laugh a little bit! It brought a smile to my face ... it also reminds me of this car advert they used to show on British TV a couple of years ago.

Bobble Bee said...

I don't think it was meant to be a serious one... actually I'm sure they're glad to make people smile. I always do every time i see it !
What I was told is that what they wanted is to show people that there's a lot to do with the objects that surround us and we need to use our brain to invent new life where it seems there's none.

roybot said...

you must be having loads of fun where you are. winter is right around the corner here in toronto and while i'm burried deep in snow in a couple of months, i'll think of you and curse the heavens for not making our winters as tolerable as spain's. i'll just live through your fabulous life vicariously.

that'd be dope said...

the idea is absolutely absurd, one of those ones you have before you go to sleep thinking they are gold, but chuckle at when you wake up. Its so cool that they made it a reality, maybe one day ill make myself into a human cocoon ( i think my pre sleep idea is far less original than this one, infact im sure its been done)
love your blog! I have you linked if thats ok ;)
carlotta

Anonymous said...

It's a nice way to modernise your musical instruments.