Both Architecture and Fashion have always been my obsession but I'm really bad (and i mean what i say) at Mathematics so it was impossible for me to ever study architecture.Fortunately many of my friends and family members are architects so they keep alive my love's flame. And my book's shelves for that matter!.
The fact that Fashion design is really architecture in a smaller scale was wonderfully analyzed by the exhibition Skin + Bones at the MOCA two years ago; garments house our bodies and can create new volumes and space around us.
If you have ever seen the sketches sent to the factories to create a garment you would be amazed at the similarities with architectural plans.
Now, fashion and architecture go together; and what about shoes?
Last year there was an amazing exhibition on Zaha Hadid's work at the Guggenheim in NY. I went to see it twice no matter the high price of the admission; she became one of my favourite architects alive.
I've been following her career ever since and now my surprise to see her work captured in a shoe, thanks to Brazilian plastic shoe manufacturer company Melissa.
I tried to find Zaha's comments on these designs but couldn't find any interesting but "I have 30 years of research on different areas of architecture and design and this was a very challenging project, not only in design, but on the technical side." nymag.com
The shoes, unfortunately, will be only available at London's Dover Street Market, starting next month.
The making of a shoe model...



3 comments:
Wow the model making youtube video is really cool..I recently did a post on Zaha Hadid. Isn't she amazing? Wish I could have seen her exhibit.
http://clotheslinefinds.
blogspot.com/2008/07/architect-
zaha-hadid-designs-for.html
hadid's work is amazing! Thank you so much for sharing!
xox
Choubelle
I'd love to try on one of those Melissa shoes. I've been intrigued by them for a few months.
Post a Comment