My point is, although there are very gifted people that have the capability, energy and wit to write very insightful posts on a daily basis, such people as Susanna Lau from Style Bubble or Diane Pernet from A Shaded View on Fashion, this is not the norm. It is an extra-ordinary thing that can't make you feel bad, stressed or inferior if your pace needs to be slower.Leisurely rhythm gives you perspective to think an idea over and to develop your own creativity.
It's important to digest a thought instead of just giving it away half digested. Big thinkers take time to process and develop and idea, and even the fashion blogger Queen par excelance, Cathy Horyn, doesn't give away a daily post... she takes her own time to write and to think what she wants to say, so don't feel bad.
Fast food is unhealthy for a reason...
I personally like, and love for this matter, fashion bloggers that take their time to live before talking about it in their blogs. I like bloggers who experience and "cook" an idea or an opinion before bringing it to their blog. I like bloggers whose real life goes before their virtual one because the latter can lead you to copy-and-paste other people's ideas; you need time to live your own feelings and experiences before hand.This is the reason why i find amusing and inspiring to wait for new posts on blogs like Suzanna Mars' Style Sauvage, Mike Huynh's Cultures in Between or Search & Destroy because I know that while i wait, they're living and thinking of great things to tell me a bit later...
Good magazines, the good ones I mean, like self service, purple, the purple journal or fantastic man, are quaterly or biannual; only crap magazines are weekly, and some monthly. It might be a reason for that. Information needs to be processed before being exposed.
So next time you've been absent from your blog for days or even weeks, don't apologize; we know you're living.


27 comments:
Hey hey hey,
que bueno saber de ti! Que sepas que te leo a menudo, y no has perdido tu más ferviente fan de españa, jaja!
Por cierto tu COMME DES GARÇONS es muy chulo, una pasada. Ahora sólo nos falta ver como te queda.
cuídate,
yo ahora me voy hacia la cibeles madrileña, ya te contaré! jaja!
Un beso,
Brilliant post! Its sad to see bloggers getting stressed about not being able to post daily. Blogging should be fun - not stress - and the blogs we love are totally worth waiting for. Better a really good post once a week than a load of filler posts every day.
very very well said.
posting everyday is a lot of work but catching up with all the blog read is something else as well! just now having to catch up on exactly 333 posts.
blog/blogging great but we gotta live as well right?
Pues me haces sentir mucho mejor. Que ya veo yo que esto requiere mucho tiempo...
Un slaudo
WORD! But we shouldn't forget, that Diane Pernet isn't the only one writing for a shaded view. She has several people writing for her aswell. Which is totally alright with me! Susie still is a phenomenon :)
this made me laugh, as I recently made one of these apologies. I like to challenge myself to post at least once every couple days, though I'm only able to do a post with strong, considered, content about once or twice a week. I think readers become accustomed to this frequency and wonder where the heck you are when you disappear, so I don't stress out about it but I sometimes feel the need to let people know I won't be around for awhile. Perhaps it's one of those things left over from when I had to tell my mom where I was going for the evening and when I'd be home, hee hee.
also, this would be a great post for IFB, you should think about it!!
Couldn't have said it better myself.:-) Great post!
Patricia, estás en todo lo cierto! La verdad es que me desespero un poco cuando no he tenido tiempo de postear, pero siempre trato de hacerlo con por lo menos 2 días de diferencia. Esto no me ha resultado mucho ultimamente jajaja, pero bueno, como dices lo importante es la calidad
Holaaa, es verdad, hay presion para poner aunque sea una cosilla a diario! Hahahah
he subido fotos del Madrid Fashion Week a mi blog por si quereis echar un vistazo
besos
2 comentarios! Qué ilusión :)
Gracias. El vestido es de Isabel Marant.
Terrific post (and sublime links).
Some of us just have more to say than others, I suppose! I assure you, I'm still "living."
all I can say is that you're totally right ;)
I'm so happy you wrote this and brought it to the attention to others. Yes it's very true and it's something that I have realised apart other people who also blog. I think for the most part, we're human! And although we provide information, we can't be sitting all day and providing this. I also think that sometimes readers or visitors think that we should give than everything they want need. But it's one part to give insight but people should also be intelligent enough to do their own research. Because one source like a blog isn't always enough.
I think my biggest story has been the raf simons story I did which was 1,600 words. And that was sitting down, writing it on paper, using books and sitting and reading it through. It took two days and was happy to finally publish it.
But yes, it's about quality and it's great when when you read something with a lot of thought but other people.
i dont know if you call being drunk "living". but if thats the case, then yes...i was very very much alive and enjoying summer.
It's funny you should bring this up. I was feeling guilty about progressively letting my posts become shorter. I actually re-edited one of my posts because I felt that if I let myself go on this one, my future entries would lose substance. Very insightful~ thanks.
love it. todo despacio es mejor, bueno casi todo ;]
you're god to say this out loud!
juliet xxx
how are you darling?
por dios! yo y mi empane habitual! tengo que enterarme por Vanidad que eres made in spain?(el jet lag es muy malo!)
lo dicho...soy gran admirado tuya!
you make me feel so much better about blogging irregularly. quality before quantity i guess is the moral of the story.
hello everyone,
Just to let you know that this have been the post with more comments in all the history of bobble-bee.
I'm very happy that my words were helpful to some of you. Thanks everyone for your ideas and comments and lovely sharing.
You've put things into perspective, thank you. (I really do stress about this sometimes, awful awful)
Yes yes, amen to that!! :)
Totalisimamente de acuerdo.
cuando un dia no actualizo, me siento... mal. Voy a poner un link en mi blog de este post tuyo. Es genial :D
un beso!
brilliant post! Thank you so much for writing this! I know this might sound odd, but actually, this post made me feel a lot better about not posting all the time. Bravo!
Post a Comment