Sunday, November 02, 2008

Fashion Lectures at the Museo del Traje in Madrid

Located in one of the most beautiful buildings in Madrid (I know it doesn't seem like in the picture but trust me, it is really impressive!), the Museo del Traje (The Costume Museum) is offering a series of lectures on modern fashion designers.

It started September 18th so many talks have been given already... in any case, every Thursday and till November 13th, at 8pm and free entrance, journalists and fashion historians will lecture on different designers, from Jean Lanvin to Viviene Westwood to Jean Paul Gaultier.

Unfortunately I have missed some but went to the talk given by journalist Abraham de Amézaga on Paco Rabanne who has met the journalist several times.
The best part came with the questions, some were really funny although I can't recall any of them now..



Next week Jean Paul gaultier by Charo Izquierdo, editor in chief of YoDona magazine.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I wish they had something remotely as cool as that where I live (North Carolina).

Anthea said...

So exciting to go to fashion lectures. I went to a costume society lecture in Vancouver yesterday on vintage designers from the 60s! It was fabulous..I will be posting about it tomorrow. It's so exciting sitting in a room full of people that are as excited about fashion as we are :)

Abril said...

Nos quedan dos añitos para disfrutar del Museo del Traje... porque después lo cierran.
Un beso.