Sunday, November 16, 2008

Lie Sang Bong's aw 08*09 or the Blade Runner collection...

I discovered the work of Korean fashion designer Lie Sang Bong while I was working with Dragos from Rozalb de Mura label at The Train trade show in New York City (oh, and that's another story i need to tell you about).

He was showing his collection a couple of stands further away from us and I remember being amazed at the construction quality of his garments. Although not quite my style, I couldn't take my eyes off the geometric shapes that formed the SS09 collection.

Dragos told me he's quite a famous designer so shame on me... as soon as I get home i turned internet on and went to his site.

His aw 08-09 collection could be perfectly worn by Rachael (Sean Young) in Blade Runner...


9 comments:

WendyB said...

That big red/black fur coat is amazing.

Anonymous said...

I am not sure whether I love what he is doing or completely hate it...

Six Six Sick said...

I love the bladerunner inspiration!

Songy said...

Yes, he's been around for a long time and quite famous in Korea. There are some really great designs coming out of Seoul at the moment. Although I couldn't make it to Seoul I've been watching quite closely and I must say I'm quite impressed. I sort of have this bittersweet feeling since I wasn't able to enjoy any of this when I was in Korea. Then again, fashion scene wan't that hot back then. You can find some interesting pics from all korean fashion from this site.

http://www.feetmanseoul.com/

Anonymous said...

thst 1st pasarela foto, so great!!!
love them, these pieces are all kinds of awesome

Anonymous said...

those are crazy awesome silhouettes

Unknown said...

Great Blade Runner!! Cool blog ;)

Theresa said...

I'm not sure if I like his clothes.. but your blog is awesome.

Anonymous said...

I used to teach Lie Sang Bong, English in Korea, great guy nice designs... I always wanted him to make me a jacket or jeans.. he makes some really nice jackets and jeans for himself.. with the "hangul" stylised print.