Thursday, January 11, 2007

South Beach Stories

Gianni and Donatella's South Beach Stories book was published in 1993 when I was just 13 years old.
I remember seeing the book's review in Elle magazine and getting hooked for all those images of sun, luxury, palm trees and wonderful models.

I was too young to buy a book like that so i just collected every single review i saw published. I still keep those reviews with me nowadays.
Many times i have tried to buy the book but since Gianni's death in 1997 is almost imposible to find it. When i did, it cost no less than 171 $. And i know that's not soo expensive but still, something stops me from buying it.
So going to Miami has been always a dream that now is coming true... I'M GOING TO MIAMI!! It's not the first time though as I went last year to attend the What Moves You Miami event. But this time is the longest and more fashion related.

I'm leaving NYC next Sunday 14th and arriving into Miami around 4pm. I'm going with S. and G. and we are planning to shoot an editorial for Milkshake Chocolate.

We are still seeking locations to shoot and showrooms where get the clothing, ANY ADVICE MIAMI READERS?? Also I would like to know if there's any must-see fashion show, event or party to attend as i know many models are these days down there shooting catalogues and editorials. Any info will be fully apreciated!
South Beach Stories there we go.. >> !

No comments: