Saturday, March 03, 2007

Zodiac

I'm just back from the theater to see Zodiac, the lastest movie of American director David Fincher, about a serial killer nicknamed Zodiac who commited his murders in California during the late 60's.

Two powerful reasons to watch this movie:

1.- The costume design by Casey Storm is SUPERB.
The movie takes place in late 60's and early 70's but the designer does a great job avoiding cliches and stereotypes, don't espect bell bottom pants and psychedelic print dresses all over the place. The look is real and the clothing never looks ridiculous on the actors. That guys, is quite dificult when we are talking about the 60's and 70's.

2.- The actors:
- Marc Ruffalo: Terrific acting, as always. His voice is one of the most beautiful voices in the movie industry together with John Malcovich.
- Jake Gyllenhal: No comment.. I would need a whole day to explain how an amazing actor this man is.
- Chloë Sevigny: Her appearance is very short but still, it catches you
- Robert Downey Jr: What else I can say that no one hasn't before about this GREAT actor?

5 comments:

alluretone said...

sounds good but scary.

Anonymous said...

I have seen the movie twice this weekend. Mark does have a wonderful voice. Downey does too. I hope that Robert finally gets another Oscar nomination for this one. Talk about great! Fantaastic.

Carmeron said...

Ayer vi un reportaje sobre la peli. Mark Ruffalo me encanta desde Ojalá fuera cierto... Y Robert Downey Jr... es mi chico malo preferido!!

Lauren Grace said...

Sounds like a good movie! And by the way, you have a great blog!

Carolina Lange said...

I must see this movie! Your blog is great!