Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Luxury

The Museum at the FIT is probably one of my faves in terms of fashion exhibitions as I mentioned before.
They are currently featuring a show about Luxury, a lovely excuse to show some of the most luxurious pieces among their more than 50,000 permanent collection's garments that couldn't see the light to the public otherwise.

I went this evening, and I am happy i did. The show is not very big as they placed it on the main floor instead of the basement, where the big ones and more important use to be. In any case, the pieces are gorgeous: Chanel, Balmain, Worth, Valentino, V&R ... If you happen to be in the city, go some lazy evening and take a look. It worths a visit.

3 comments:

jr said...

Hey! this show looks so cool. now this would def be on my to-do list if i visited NYC, so, thanks for the info. i'm lovin' that dress with the flowers down the middle.
p.s. i got yer message. i was sure that card was lost in the mail by now. took a while! glad it arrived after all. hope the weekend treats u well!

blushing apples said...

would love to visit but I'm so far for NY!

Diana Coronado said...

Looks soo interestin'.
Love Vintage!!