I'm a little obsessed with German fashion for some reason these days. It seems to me that every Berlin-based or German-born designer has something very interesting to say, more than any one around except the British, I think. For this reason I'm following Bored&Beautiful more than ever; Danielle gives me that German fashion window I'm craving for.One of her latest discovers, the work of designer Sarah Heartbo, soon-to-be Bo Van Melskens, came together with this lovely and beautiful picture here on the left, from her spring-summer 08 collection. There's something in that picture that hooked me right away. I love love this picture, I just do.
I guess it reminds me a little the atmosphere of some of the works of the biggest fashion photographer of all times: Louis Dahl- Wolfe.


8 comments:
Bored and Beautiful is definitely a great blog...Sarah Heartbo's work is definitely something to get excited about.
Your blog has been looking mighty nice recently.
hey great post
xoxo
su
Hey Patricia,
Thank you so much for your kind words! It is an honour for me that you follow my blog regularly. I will keep my eye open about the german fashion market for you ;-)
Regards,
ah... lovely... i myself have become quite the deutchephile as of late... mostly because the quality of design is so great, and they are still so accessible if you know where to find them. i love your pick sarah heartbo, great use of fabic and form!
: )
Jessica & Stiletto Effect: THANKS! really appreciate the good feedback :)
Danielle: You're very welcome.
hello Jennine! i didn't want to leave you without an answer... ;)
Nice discovery. I like Sarah Heartbo. It's true that London independent fashion is getting dull, especially as the high street gets stronger.
Gracias por avisarme de lo de Gabriel & Schwan!
Little Nutbrown Hare: PLease don't get me wrong! what i meant is that only German & British and interested for me right now... Im a big supported of British fashion!!
Allure: De nada :)
Post a Comment