Thursday, November 01, 2007

Brett Day Windham for Bergdorf Goodman's Windows display

I feel a little like miss Holly Golightly approaching Tiffany's in the morning every time I leave my house late at night to go to Bergdorf Goodman to take pictures of their windows. I stick my face in the glass and it's hard for me to move: I'm in awe.

Now you wonder why on Earth I do go at night instead of choosing anytime during the day I might be passing by. The reason is very simple: at night there's no one blocking the view and the reflections in the glass are none whatsoever. It's the perfect time.

The right side of the building is always the most creative one and it's always the last I choose to photograph (I like to keep the good things for the end).

The artist Brett Day Windham is the person behind the great soft sculptures that surround the mannequins in the current displays. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find any information about her anywhere.

8 comments:

Miss at la Playa said...

oooh.. qué mona, ya te veo allí con tu camarita haciendo las fotos jeje.

Anonymous said...

they alwyas have the best windows - I can't wait to see what they pull out for Christmas.

Anonymous said...

they alwyas have the best windows - I can't wait to see what they pull out for Christmas.

WendyB said...

Great pix...I LOVE their windows. The Barneys windows get all the hype but I think Bergdorf is just as good.

SistaSoFine said...

Awesome, I'm going to go by and take a looksee for myself. I tracked down the set designer; search for Brett Day Windham on Facebook or check out her friendster profile: http://profiles.friendster.com/998206

Bobble Bee said...

Thanks Shelly for her Friendster profile!
I totally thought she was a "he" ... her work is really fantastic.

Sonja said...

wow! those window displays look amazing!

Christa said...

I could not agree more! These are my favorite holiday windows - I just wrote about them on my blog as well. I have never gone by to see them at night - I'll have to check that out.