Saturday, November 10, 2007

Noovo Festival for Fashion & Photography by A. Esteban Librero, part II

part I

My personal trip to Noovo Festival in Santiago de Compostela, Galicia, Spain. (part II)
by Angela Esteban Librero.



The afternoon of November 1st was the first day of the Noovo Festival, starting with the opening of the photography exhibition co-curated by Diane Pernet.
On my way there, I had time to enjoy Santiago's sun and nice weather as well as it monuments.

My favorite photographers were Miguel Villalobos, Daniel Riera and James O'Brien, who I had the pleasure to meet and admire their work with. I don't know why but I did not take any images except of Miguel Villalobos.










Then the organizers of the festival did the official presentation and speeches. On the right you can see Diane Pernet between the directors Jorge Margolles y Charo González who are responsible for the Noovo Magazine as well.



Then we had some wine and Spanish "aperitivos" with friends before having lunch at San Francisco Monastery.















Graham Tabor and Peter and Christopher from Peter Pilotto



Sara Sáez from YoDona, Ramón fashion editor of Neo2 and L'Enfant Terrible.

Dori, accessories designer for Zara Woman and Basic and Yolanda Muelas, Director of Metal magazine.

November 1st was also the first night for the international fashion show featuring Three As Four, Eley Kishimoto, Patrik Soderstam, Boudicca and Gareth Pugh.
They built a tent in the middle of the Plaza Quintana, which I think it was a mistake because they could have done the shows in one of the amazing cloisters of San Francisco Monastery.
To me, it was one of the best nights of Noovo; those designers set very high standards for the rest.
My favs: Boudicca and Gareth Pugh, I was very greatly surprised by the androgynous looks of Patrik Soderstam, beautiful Three As Four prints and silhouettes and I would love have seen not just S/S Eley Kishimoto.
Here are some photos from the shows, enjoy!

Three As Four:






















































Gaby, Angie and Adi



Eley Kishimoto:
















Marc
and his sales representative, who has been working for them for 2 years and now she is leaving, that was her goodbye trip!




Patrik Soderstam:


The artist of the head pieces was modeling and opened the show filming the audience with small video camera nude and just wearing that pink piece around his waist...


















Patrick






Boudicca:
















Gareth Pugh:




























After the show we had some cocktails....

From (L-R): Yolanda Muelas from Metal, Miguel Villalobos, Gemma and Henderson from Gareth Pugh (wearing boots and skirt from the show!!! Gareth doesn't need to know that!), Peter Pilotto and Graham Tabor from FLY magazine.


Three As Four team














Patrik Soderstam and the artist that opened the show with the video camera.














Dino Dinco, who was exhibiting his work in the morning, and his friend and artist Gustavo.

4 comments:

jr said...

these runway shots are great. i'm loving all the unusual headwear. actually i wonder if its possible for you to email one of these pics so that i can see it larger?

Anonymous said...

BB - You're great! If I can do any research in Orlando - ? - I'll dig something up. x x

WendyB said...

This looks like it was great fun.

riz said...

Oh i wish i could have gone to NOOVO. Ahhh Boudicca (swoon) - and I really like 3 as 4.
The Soderstam show also looks interesting.