Monday, January 21, 2008

A Japanese Toga

Japanese designer Yasuko Furota is the great mind behind the label Toga.
Her first collection was created in 1997 but it wasn't until 2001, during Japan Fashion Week in Tokyo, that she held her first fashion show.

In 2007 the French association ANDAM (Association Nationale pour le Developpement des Arts de la Mode) awarded her work and she received 20,000 euros from Japanese store Beams to prepare her summer 2008 collection. The collection can be seen in her website but because I don't like to speak of summer when it's winter, here is her beautiful A/W 07-08 collection.



-----

Yasuko Furota es la cabecita pensante y creadora de la firma japonesa Toga. Y aunque creó su primera colección en 1997, no será hasta el 2001 en el que Yasuko podrá ver su primer desfile, que tuvo lugar durante la Japan Fashion Week en Tokyo, porque desfile y colecciones por desgracia no son todo uno.
El año pasado Furota fue galardonada con un premio de 20.000 euros para realizar su colección primavera-verano 2008, un premio que fue llevado a cabo gracias a la asociación francesa ANDAM (Association Nationale pour le Developpement des Arts de la Mode), y pagado por la über cool tienda Beams de Tokyo.
Podeis disfrutar de la colección en su web, pero yo aprovecho que estamos en invierno para mostrar cosas calentitas... su colección otoño-invierno 07-08.

14 comments:

Suzanna Mars said...

These are lovely and I have never heard of this designer. I am quite fond of two pieces here: the brown jacket with white collar and cuffs and then the red asymmetrical dress. This latter hangs so beautifully and I've always been partial to that neckline.

Thanks for sharing them!

Andrea Martínez Maugard said...

El tono rojo del diseño es precioso!
Me encantó la segunda prenda de la segunda fila, y todas las del tono rojo/negro

In Yr Fshn said...

I love that pop of red! And how lovely is that model's pale skin? Very lovely, that's what.

Michelle said...

I really like the intricite layering and the super long leggings..

Anonymous said...

cute cute, good stuff.

yui said...

Mmm YUM, I love Toga. Have you seen their most recent collection? it's fabulous...

Unknown said...

wow - I am loving the draping and the vibrate red in these pieces. Thanks for highlighting them. I wanted to discuss some portraits and interviews for the magazine.


http://www.theshinysquirrel.com

riz said...

these are truly phenomenal pieces...One of the best 'designers i've never heard of' that I've seen this year. :)

Jen (MahaloFashion) said...

It's not really my style but I love the way he layers!!

-----------------------------

2008 FASHION BLOGGER AWARDS ARE HAPPENING, PLEASE FILL OUT THE NOMINATION FORM @MAHALOFASHION.COM

Thanks,

Jen

http://mahalofashion.blogspot.com/2008/01/my-big-announcement-fab-awards.html

Http://mahalofashion/Awards.html

Mónica said...

Me pasaba lo mismo con lo de hablar de verano en pleno invierno, pero bueno, ahora ya lo llevo algo mejor. La colección es interesante, aunque la segunda fila me recuerda mucho a una colección de Balenciaga

Anonymous said...

ahh, yes!! Toga. I remembered going crazy the first time I saw this collection. All those layers and textures. yum

Eli said...

wow, lots of money. These are pretty cool, except the model is kinda creepy.

Mustafa Şenalp said...

very nice a blog :)

Bobble Bee said...

Thanks so much Mustafa for your lovely comment!, it's always very touching when a non-fashion related blogger compliments your work :)