Sunday, June 22, 2008

Quote of the Day. Diana Vreeland on Surfing.

Arquivo_001
photography by Vava Ribeiro

"Do you know what I think a lot about? Surfing! I do think that surfing would be the most beautiful thing in the world to do. I do really believe that. Oh, I've seen surfers by the hour! In California I used to go down to Malibu Beach; I'd stay until midnight, wrapped up in shawls and helmets and things around my face. Out there, they were all in rubber suits, and I could just catch sight of them on the top of the waves in the light of the moon. I could watch forever! Forever! And envy them. You know I'm not an envier. I envy no man... usually. But I do envy their surfing. "

Diana Vreeland.
D.V. page 186

4 comments:

WendyB said...

Funny!

July Stars said...

Vava ROCKS!

Miss at la Playa said...

eso es lo que haré este agosto, como todos los años :P

Anonymous said...

I'm in Cornwall with surfing types at the moment - it looks so free!