Remember last fall when I missed the premiere of the film Lagerfeld Confidential ?I was so upset... For the first time in my blogging life I was invited to attend a cool event and my going of vacation aborted the enjoyment. Damn it!
I was so upset that I promised myself that this won't happen ever again... Well, I just missed another super awesome invitation because, this time, i had to work.
The last Tuesday the FIT Couture Council awarded Cuban designer Isabel Toledo, one of my favourite designers, this by the way, with the Couture Council Award for Artistry of Fashion at their annual Fall Fashion Week benefit luncheon.
You can imagine how excited I was for going... and how upset when at the very last minute I got a call for a gig I couldn't say no.
I wrote the FIT apologizing my absence and they answered me back a very lovely email so i really hope next time i can make it.
All my best wishes to Isabel Toledo.
Rubén and Isabel Toledo by Miguel Villalobos


3 comments:
Ahh but you are lucky that you are in nyc and can go to all of these wonderful things! If you were invited once, I'm sure you will be invited to other fantabulous events. Since I live in a tiny town, I'm a bit envious...but college is just around the corner!
www.choubelle.wordpress.com
If it is possible, I would love to link up to your blog...you seem to be interested in fashion history and film/photo influences in fashion like me!
you will get invited again. but it must be pretty exciting.
P., you are just on the verge of making a big mark on the NY scene, so the work done now will pay off later! Think about it this way: You are in demand. And you're good at what you do and people respect you for it. That adds up to success, even if it drags its heels.
xx
Suzanna
Post a Comment