You go on vacation thinking, "i want to rest, relax and disconnect". The first days are great, you really relax. Then you start to think, "am i missing something?".I was having a lot of fun in Key West and wasn't thinking anything of the like when yesterday I opened my email inbox and saw what i just missed:
I was invited to the premiere of the film Lagerfeld Confidential by Rodolphe Marconi that Accompanied Literary Society was hosting yesterday at Tribeca Grand Hotel, event that I missed because I was on holidays... now you can figure how upset I am.
The movie is the result of the edit of a total of 300 hours of footage that Marconi got once, for the first time in history, the kaiser agreed to be followed and filmed in a daily basis.Many have tried to write a biography of this German genius (do you remember Alicia Drake's The Beautiful Fall?) but any of those succeed in getting a word from the subject.
Now we get not only words but images as well, and intimate moments with a living myth.
The film, officially opens in the US on Wednesday, October 24 at Film Forum. I'm going prob on Friday, is there anyone out there who wants to come with me? email me!
Lagerfeld Confidential : Kidman private photo shoot
all teasers here


5 comments:
Oh, bummer!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh that sucks!
C.
omg! No me puedo ni imaginar la rabia que te habrá dado perdértelo...
Oh no! At least it wasn't a one time screening...
and i still don 't have seen it! But what I know, is that the book The Beautiful Fall is probably far more interesting than the movie: Karl Lagerfeld prohibited the book to be published in France...
Post a Comment