Sunday, April 08, 2007

About Cool and Pretty Girls 2

A year ago I met Fiery Furnaces's lead singer Eleanor Friedberger in a DJ friend's party in Greenpoint, NY.
At the time she was already a famous lady; she had 4 albums in the market, a miu miu ad campaign by Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin, and an über famous boyfriend, Franz Ferdinand's vocalist Alex Kapranos. Besides all this, i have two things to say;

1- i didn't know who she was so... i just met her as Eleanor
2- she is the most down to earth person i've ever known in my whole life, and i really mean it, so i never had the impresion i was dealing with a celebrity.

I had a crush on her for both her lovely personality and the way she was dressed up. We were hanging out with some cool Williamsburg kids but her look was far more interesting than the average around.
I started to ask about her and then I found out who she was.

Since then I have seen her every once in a while, we live in the same neighborhood and we share some common friends. She always has the smartest outfits on; if Chloë Sevigny is cool, believe me, Eleanor is 10 times her.

I liked her Jane Birkin allure and her personality. She is cool and she is sweet and she sings like no one else.
What a pity I don't see her that often as I used to, because every time i did, i felt so inspired that i had my head full of fash-ideas for a whole week!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

ten times Chloë? She must be quite something! :)

Unknown said...

You are so lucky to have met her. I have been a fan of her and her band for years. She has always come across as very cool and is her own person which I really admire. It's nice to know she has a great personality as well.

MARIA H said...

At last! the truth has come to light!
Chloe S. is not the epitome of cool, only a visible end...

MARIA H said...

I have to add: I love your category of cool girls -as in many-!!

Ella Gregory said...

i like all the pics you have used in this post.

María said...

It's the first time I visit your blog, and I really love it. The pics you posted are so inspirational.

camaybraham said...

wow she's gorgeous!
I can def see the jane birkin reference and also a little carine roitfeld yea?

Anonymous said...

carine roitfeld? how?

Siobhan said...

she has great style

Flavia Flanders said...

hey girl! how ar u doing?..
i'm actually in bs as but i hope i can go to ny.... that's my deepest dream..
cya,
+molly g.+

i would totally add u to my links..
adios.. ya t dije q me enamore d tu blog!!!... jajaja.. kiss.

abovo99 said...

She looks really cute.

mareGa said...

Not a Chloë fan. So not really into your muse style.

Carolina Lange said...

She has a great style, and she is so beautiful!