Saturday, May 26, 2007

High Waisted

I'm a 70's fashion BIG fan, so i am very happy that high waisted pants are back.

I found this girl, Lisa Jo, through Refinery29 street-style section.
She wears HIGH waisted pants as i've never seen before. How cool is that? i think they look SEEEXY!
At Fashion Minute, though, people discussed about them saying that high waisted pants are kind of ridiculous .. which i don't agree at all.

Lisa Jo

New York
Name: Lisa Jo
What do you do? I'm broke.
Nice half catsuit-tell me about it? It's gray and I can't eat too much when I wear it.
So you suffer for fashion? No, but I wish I did.
Do you shop at Bergdorf? I only shop at Bergdorf.
What's your favorite piece of clothing? Cotton underwear.

—James Kendi

14 comments:

- said...

hola! that´s so high-waisted! dont like it, she doesnt look good on them

María said...

Me encanta! Estoy intentando buscarme unos, pero los quiero de lana, así que hasta el invierno tengo tiempo.

Anonymous said...

i like it, it's unusual... and i also like her shoes.

i like the idea of super hi-waisted clothing, but i feel rather like a marine mammal in them.
oh dear.

Flavia Flanders said...

wow ame este post..
cya,
+molly g.+

Carolina Lange said...

She looks cool. High-waist pants are for a few girls to wear, I've seen many wear them and look fat or ridiculous! And I've also seen a few wear them and look great! It is tricky!

Mash said...

she looks cool wearing high waisted pants . I would love to wear this but I don't think It would be the right choice for me .

Emma said...

I LOATHE high-waisted anything unless you're a geriatric, but I love this blog.

Madelene said...

That girl seems fabulous! I love how she says she only shops at Bergdorfs. I highly doubt that's true but I love people who say things like that. Like Morissey once said he buys 30 books a week, clearly not true! but witty nonetheless.

Bergdorf Girl said...

looooooove the high waist pant/skirt/jeans etc. love it. i have a high waist-line and I find it comfortable among other things! however that being said I think women should wear whatever style looks good/is flattering to thier particular body...forget the trend.

Diana Coronado said...

She looks great.
Is original!!

Anonymous said...

She looks really cute. I find that most Asian girls look hot in about anything. (is she Asain?)

I think butts in high waisted pants are sexier than butts in low cut jeans, which looks, just plain gross.

Anonymous said...

those look like the high waisted leggings from American Apparel, are you sure they're pants?

Anonymous said...

i have to wear mi pants like dat for a school play and i hate it

Anonymous said...

these dont look good on her at all!
high waisted usually accenutates the butt, it just kind of makes hers look flatter.
i would rather there be a flare in the bottom of the pant.