Sunday, November 18, 2007

I'll Break A Rule




I don't like to talk about Summer collections when it's Winter but today I need to make a concession because the case deserves it.
The "case" is the latest, alas Spring/Summer 08, collection of Austrian designer, Vienna based Claudia Rosa Lukas, who is in my top list of favourites designers since I discovered her simple yet elaborated line and contacted her to fetaured her work in my webzine.
Her wonderful collection for summer next year arrived to my Inbox just yesterday and I couldn't wait to put my hands on photoshop to make the pictures that photographer Gregor Titze took of the clothing suitable for my blog: smaller.
Claudia Rosa Lukas' website offers surprising gems as the series "Balanced to Ground" or "Homebase" and so I always enjoy to get news from her; I know they will always be mind-moving and very well cared: photography, styling, concept, clothing, make-up and hair are all one and not divided.
I just wish i could find her collections in NY soon.
PS: NY shops out there, please take note.

10 comments:

WendyB said...

Ahhh! I wish I could see bigger photos!

riz said...

i got an email from them i think - thank you for featuring them. they are minimalist perfection!

Miss at la Playa said...

looks good and fresh! :)

Andrea Martínez Maugard said...

Great, great dresses!

Anonymous said...

ah ha... we must have got the same email... but we posted really different... funny how that works. i really love the spring collection here... but like wendy, i wish there were bigger photos...
:(

In Yr Fshn said...

The colors are great... the minimal black, grey, white... lovely!

María said...

I got the e-mail too, and I was astonished at how simple, clean yet wonderful the collection is.

Anonymous said...

hi, i am a big fan of claudia's work. i did an interview with claudia - mainly interesting for the german speaking audience out there - with fotos of her current AW collection and a posting about her SS08 collection, with larger pictures ;-)

Bobble Bee said...

Thanks Michaela for the heads up.
what a shame i don't understand a word of German but I'm sure it is a great interview. :)

Regarding "small pics", from now on all my images will be big, at least that's the point of a blog, "showing" and sharing, not just making people guess... thanks for the advise :)

mahret said...

I love claudia's work ♥ Hope to have the chance to meet her during berlin fashion week. Can't wait to get my hands on her stuff!