Those of you who follow Wendy Brandes' blog or Jen's In Your Fashion might already know about the meeting these two lovely women and yours truly had last night in uptown NY.Please forgive me if I don't post about it today but I would like to publish what my friend and Metal magazine's NY fashion coordinator Angela Esteban Librero wrote for bobble-bee about her experience at the noovo Festival for Fashion and Photography in Santiago de Compostela, Spain, where she went with really great people and where she met all those artists I admire and whose work I truly respect.
I couldn't go myself because I was called at the very last moment to do a gig but she kindly brought the good news and wrote about them for me.
Here it's only the first part... more to come.
My personal trip to Noovo Festival in Santiago de Compostela, Galicia, Spain.
by Angela Esteban Librero.
Noovo Festival, hosted by Diane Pernet and organized by El Correo Gallego, featured 30 fashion designers from around the world including: Gareth Pugh, Boudicca, Three As Four, Eley Kishimoto, Patrik Söderstam, Henrik Vibskov, Txell Miras, Luxoir, SinPatron, Jan iú Mès, Romain Kremer, Peter Pilotto, Petar Petrov or Mikio Sakabe. In photography, we could see the work of Michael James O'Brien, Miguel Villalobos, Daniel Riera, Pierre Gonnard, Dino Dinco, Ari Versluis, or Ana Laura Aláez.
There were as well special presentations from Magazines like FLY DVD , B-guided and fashion, style and beauty festival You Wear It Well. Before going further, I would like to introduce to all of you the beautiful city of Santiago de Compostela, the capital of Galicia, which is an extraordinary, historic, monumental city and pilgrimage destination.
PART 1

All checked in, Miguel Villalobos, Graham Tabor and I started our trip to Santiago. While we stopped in Madrid to change flights we discovered that there is a Chapel in the new airport!!
Once in Santiago a bus took us to the hotel; Miguel V. happy to be there and Dino Dinco and his friend and artist Gustavo admiring the view from the bus.In the bus we met the guys from ThreeAsFour, Peter Pilotto and Gemma and Henderson from Gareth Pugh (you can only see their heads!).


Once we checked into the hotel we went to take an "aperitivo" around the city with the lovely Peter Pilotto's duo: Peter and Christopher.This part of the country is know by their "Empanada Gallega", sea food and Tetilla cheese and that is exactly what we order! How delicious is to be in Spain!
Later in the evening we joined the rest of the group for diner at a sea food restaurant. I arrived late and everyone was already eating…

From left to right starting from the image at the bottom: Gemma and Henderson from Gareth Pugh, Graham Tabor from FLY and Miguel Villalobos, in the center, the amazing Diane Pernet, Robb Young (in charge of the international Press), Peter and Christopher from Peter Pilotto and Mark Eley of the design team Eley Kishimoto. Later on ThreeAsFour guys and Joseph from Seven NYC joined us for drinks.
The gorgeous Diane Pernet posed for me because I wanted to take a photo of the great jewelry she was wearing (the snail was made for her by Miguel Villalobos).


3 comments:
Ooh, that snail is great.
Great work! That trip sounds amazing
Thanks guys for the comments!
The snail was made from the genius Miguel Villalobos for a shoot, Diane saw it and loved it and kept it!
Post a Comment