Have you seen the French nouvelle vague cult movie Bande á Part? If you haven't i really suggest you to do it! Jean-Luc Godard did a masterpiece of a movie with this one.This film has been an endless source of inspiration for editorials, films and music videos, like the Christina Rosenvinge's A Liar To Love that was out this year. The school-girl look has never been so cool!.
Now it comes Carousel, the new and amazing video that Ritz Fine Jewellery has done for its last collection of jewellery. A 6 minutes long video that is all about Paris, film noir,chic and elegance... A mix of Charade, James Bond, Moulin Rouge and... Bande á part!!
Carousel is one of the greatest videos i have seen this year. It can be just an ad but for me it is THE ad.
The main character, She O. She, the Princess of Saint Germain... is played by the lovely Chloë Sevigny.
I couldn't find out the director of the short-film though... Any suggestions?


2 comments:
Bande á Part is one of my favorite movies...I'm not usually a Chloe S fan but the ad was incredible...thank you for posting it!
Godard is amazing. I just saw Deux ou trois choses que je sais d'elle at the cinema yesterday actually!
Carousel is a great ad.. I tried to order it from the Ritz website back in August but I haven't received it yet! thank god for youtube.
Post a Comment