Saturday, February 24, 2007

Great Donatella

Because fake hair and trying too hard to be sexy were synonymous of annoyance to me, I never thought I would, but I profoundly respect and admire this great woman, Donatella Versace. .
During the past years, since the dead in 1997 of Gianni, I've been loving step by step this woman with her strong sense of friendship, work and family.
A very good friend of mine worked for Gianni in his Miami days and therefore met her. He told me all kind of great stories about her: how funny she was, how good friend of friends and warm. She could be scary, of course, but who couldn't in her shoes? You bet. So I put hands down for her
I admire her vision and courage to maintaing her brother's fashion empire, all by herself and going through all kind of tragedies.
In its last issue, i-D magazine pays homage to her with an interview by Holly Shackleton, who presents us a very intelligent woman who knows where she is and who all her peers are. And please, don't tell me she doesn't look beautiful in that picture!.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, she looks mildly attractive in that photo which is shocking.

Flavia Flanders said...

i love donatella..
cya,
+molly g.+