Monday, August 06, 2007

A Very Fashionable Block

When i went to see the exhibition Luxury at the FIT Museum. I decided to take a walk before coming back home. I took 24th street, which i don't usually take, to get to the subway. I saw along the north side of the street shop windows filled with very interesting mannequins, dressed with white fabric, the same fabric that fashion design students use to make the models; toile. It took my attention the originality of some of the pleats and folds in the garments, and also the fact that the pins were still hanging on some of them.

I thought to myself, this can't be FIT because I lost it some couple of blocks ago, so, what is this?. Two windows farther away I got the answer: This, was the High School of Fashion Industries that is located, as i mentioned before, not too far from FIT, and those were the works of this year's graduates. It was a nice surprise to know that youngsters that age are doing such elaborate garments already. I can't wait to see their future creations.

No comments: