Katherine Hepburn played Coco Chanel in 1969's musical "Coco" at the Mark Hellinger Theater in NY?Left: Katherine Hepburn as Coco Chanel in the play "Coco"
Her script from the play and other papers can now be seen thanks to the gift the actress' estate gave to the New York Public Library, (the best library I've ever seen in my life by the way, and i promise they're not paying me for saying this!), in the form of all Hepburn's stage career related documents: photographs, scrapbooks, journals, scripts, playbills, fan mail ...
The gift was given four years after the dead of the great Katherine, that is, this year, and now these materials are part of The Billy Rose Theater Collection, "the largest and most comprehensive archive devoted to the theatrical arts". As I said, the NYPL has some pretty good things..."THE" script >>



2 comments:
It sounds very interesting that exhibition, I wish I could go!!
It's not an exhibition exactly... it means the papers will be in the NYPL for all those who need them for research or other different matters. But it will be awesome if they'd do an exhibition out of it! :)
Post a Comment