I said it before and I say it now: old fashioned related men's attire contemporary collections (did I make it clear?) are my soft spot. I think men knew about fashion more back in the days than they do now, or at least they were interested in it and experimented with all kind of shapes and colors; have you read the amazing and super expensive book A History of Men's Fashion? ... you'd know what I'm talking about. Oh, where did all those men go?.For this reason French designer Romain Kremer's A/W 07-08 collection has gone at the top of my "favourite men's wear look's list" of the season. The way in which he has designed paned slops mixing them with the most futuristic and Prada-like of the sweatshirts has brought me back the fashion pleasure's thrills.
Romain won the Special Award for Creativity in the 20th Festival International de Mode et de Photographie à Hyères in 2005... and I don't wonder why. A designer to keep an eye on.



4 comments:
I know what you mean - I mean men wore tights back then. Today it is all about jeans and t-shirt - BORING. But is it only that men don't experiment themselves or are there too few (maybe affordable) clothes available?
If I ever saw my husband wearing such a thing, I'd have to poke my eyes out.
I really like this; but it does seem like they are wearing some take on the women's bubble hem silhouette, no?
riz: That's a good point. I didn't think about it but you're so right!
Post a Comment