Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Louise Goldin or How To Make The Best Collection Of The Season

The A/W 07-08 collection of British designer Louise Goldin shown in February during the event Fashion East in London stole my heart; I saw it and that was all. Deep in love.
Other designers have designed more elaborate and impressive collections; Balenciaga, Chalayan... but hers is just so beautiful and stylish, chic and conceptual that if I could know where to find it I would buy every single piece of it. And I mean it.
Her website or bio can't be found anywhere in the web so if any of you know more about her and wants to share, please do so!

** I posted about this designer naming her "Louisa Golden" ... Her real name is Louise Goldin. Oops... It's like I just made up her name and follow the last name Elle.com wrote ... Thanks Blue Floppy Hat for correcting me the typo.




11 comments:

Blue Floppy Hat said...

Funny, I think the website may have got the name wrong, I always thought it was Louise Goldin (going by Susie and Style.com)- she's vety good, I remember being madly in love with her SS08 collection- it was really playful, with lots of colour (though sometimes I prefer the more severe beauty of the colection shown here).

http://elfashionista.net said...

Great collection, I love the shapes and palette. Cheers
(http://elfashionista.net)

Mónica said...

I like how she interprets the idea of miniskirt

María said...

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G collection. I didn't know her, thanks for letting me know.

WendyB said...

I love everything but especially the first photo in the 3rd row.

jr said...

omg, i'm the same as wendyb- 1st photo, 3rd row- yum. and i gasped the moment i saw the very first picture. LOVE all the headwear!

Bobble Bee said...

Thanks blue floppy hat for the info! I changed the name already so people won't get confused.

riz said...

I think you have perfectly captured what i like about the best designers in your pairing "chic and conceptual" When those two things work together you are right, you get amazing collections!

Diana @ So Fash'on said...

love these clothes too!!!

Anonymous said...

I have worked with Louise as an intern and can tell you that her aproach to design is not conceptual at all. She has great eye for style and strong references. However, she does knock of a lot of designers copying and mixing their work into her designs. She is also one of the most demanding and intimidating people I have ever known. Technically she is very strong in knitting. However, creatively maybe not. Look else where.

Anonymous said...

i'm graduating in knitwear design this year- i was really interested in doing an internship with louise goldin- 'anonymous'- can you tell me what your internship was like? also did louise pay you a wage at all?